- Every birth shall be registered within 21 days with the Town Panchayat. Any person who wants to register a birth shall inform the Town Panchayat office in the prescribed format along with a certificate from the person or Medical Institution, who conducted delivery in the case of birth.
- Beyond the prescribed time limit, if a registration is done, it is accepted with a payment of penalty upto a period of one year. If a registration is to be done beyond a period of one year, it will be registered only on receipt of Judical order from a Magistrate and with penalty.
- On registration one copy of an extract of Birth Register will be given to the party, free of cost.
- If a certificate of Birth is required at a later date from the Town Panchayat, an application in the prescribed format furnishing the information required in the format like name of the child, father’s name, mother’s name, date and place of birth, etc., in the case of birth certificate.
- When the birth has taken place in the house, the head of the family or the nearest relative of the family will have to register in the prescribed format along with a certificate from the person or medical institution that conducted the delivery.
- Births taking place in a medical institution will be intimated for registration by the institution directly to the registering authority.
- Proof of place of birth(where the child has born) from medical institution.
- Birth Certificate: Rs.25.00 per copy(Conditions apply)
- If date of birth is not known or unspecified, Search Fee for every year: Rs.25.00 per copy (Conditions apply)
- Belated Birth Registration
- Below one month: without penalty
- Above one month & below one year: Rs.25.00 per copy **
- Above one year with the order of Magistrate: Rs.50.00
- A Court fee stamp of Rs.2/- shall be fixed in the application form